In this photography lesson we will be talking about auto and manual focus. I will show your how to change the focus setting in the camera from auto to manual. We will discus different auto focusing modes. I will also how your how to focus with a single focus point and when is better to use manual focus instead of auto.
INFORMATION FROM THE VIDEO:
AF-S (AF singles) One Shot
– Once shutter is pushed halfway, camera focus is locked. Good for stationary subjects.
AF-C (AF continuous) AI Servo
– It is good to use when photographing moving subject. Once shutter button is pushed halfway, the camera continues to focus.
AF-A (AF auto) AI Focus
– A Camera decides whether subjects is moving or stationary. The camera will switch from AF-S (One shot) to AF-C (Al servo).
WHEN TO USE MANUAL FOCUS:
- Macro Photography/Close ups
- Low Light
- When something (like glass or fence) is on the way
- Actions Photography
- No contrast
I find your tutorials very easy to learn from. Your pace of instruction is more conducive to letting the info sink in to my very dense grey matter. Thank you. Your the best.
Oksana, you are my hero. Thank you so much.