In this photography lesson we will be talking about auto and manual focus. I will show your how to change the focus setting in the camera from auto to manual. We will discus different auto focusing modes. I will also how your how to focus with a single focus point and when is better to use manual focus instead of auto.
INFORMATION FROM THE VIDEO:
AF-S (AF singles) One Shot
– Once shutter is pushed halfway, camera focus is locked. Good for stationary subjects.
AF-C (AF continuous) AI Servo
– It is good to use when photographing moving subject. Once shutter button is pushed halfway, the camera continues to focus.
AF-A (AF auto) AI Focus
– A Camera decides whether subjects is moving or stationary. The camera will switch from AF-S (One shot) to AF-C (Al servo).
WHEN TO USE MANUAL FOCUS:
- Macro Photography/Close ups
- Low Light
- When something (like glass or fence) is on the way
- Actions Photography
- No contrast